Wednesday 25 December 2013

31. Iris 2

Broadcast: Feb 2013 - Apr 2013
Episodes: 20, Action/Thriller/Romance
Cast:
Jang Hyuk as Jung Yoo Gun
Lee Da-hae as Ji Soo Yeon
Lee Beom-soo
Im Soo-hyang Yoo Joong Won
Yoon Doo-joon as Seo Hyun Woo
Lee Joon Yoon Shi Hyuk
Kim Yeong-cheol as Baek San




Following from the review of Iris 1, Iris 2 is a completely different cast except for Baek San (Kim Young Chul) and cameos from Park Cheol Young (Kim Seung Woo) & Kim Seon Hwa (Kim So Yeon) . The storyline of this sequel does not continue from the previous. We do not know the true identity of Choi Seung Hee (Kim Tae Hee) or get to see who killed Hyun Jun. If you watch Iris The Movie, you’ll get the see the killer at the end, and I warn you, it’s a shocker! The movie is exactly the same as Iris 1, the drama but cut and chopped to make it into the time slot of 125mins. In my opinion, it’s not worth watching the movie alone, becauseyou are going to be so confused. The cutting of the scenes are ridiculous. It’ll leave you so confused of what’s going on. Anyway, who would just watch Iris 1 The movie and jump into Iris 2, right?

This second one is about Jung Yoo-Gun, a former police officer who gets recruited by Iris and then manipulated and tried to be taken out. He turns out to be Baek San’s biological son. He is intelligent, street smart, and an extremely capable fighter so was able to survive through all the difficulties except that his brain is deteriorating when they revived his life from a legal shooting of the head.

I won’t go into too much detail of this drama because I found it bland. I’m only doing a review because it’s the sequel to the first one which I loved. It was deeply disappointed when you compare it to the first one. The acting was ok. Jang Hyuk & Lee Da Hae did an ok job. I’m not a fan of Lee Da Hae anymore. I find her facial expressions rather restricted from her many plastic surgeries hehe…

Spunky and feisty character Kim Yeon Hwa (Kim Soo Hyang) turns out to be Kim Seon Hwa (Kim So Yeon) little sister. Why did I not pick that up from the name and the personality?! I only caught on at the end when they re-united for some sisterly love.

The plot was just bland. It’s always the case that the sequels are not as good as the first one, right? I felt that the end just fizzled out. Too many sacrifices were made at the end. Why do Iris leads never get a good ending?

I loved Seo Hyun Woo (Yoon Doo Joon from Beast). He was the highllight of the drama : ) So very spunky!

I only liked a couple of songs from this drama: Davichi - 모르시나요 Don't You Know; G.O & Mir (MBLAQ) - What A Fool I Am (바보같은 ).

You won’t miss anything if you ended just watching Iris 1, and stopping there. This drama felt like spin off from Iris 1, like extra side information.

Rating: 3.8/5

2 comments:

  1. Hello. This is A.K.I.A. Talking…
    Thanks for the great review of IRIS 2! I enjoyed it a lot.
    I added it to my collection of reviews for the show. The show has now an average score of 61.5%.
    Here is a link to the page if you would like to give it a look:
    http://www.akiatalking.com/2014/12/iris-2-2-2013-db-rankingsreviews-page.html
    Thanks again for the review. If you want to do something with my blog, please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AKIA. I like your blog:) Personally, I preferred Iris 1 better.

      Delete